We'll be in the back, in the two-story Chandelier Room (don't worry, despite the name it's not too fancy).
RSVP on Facebook if you like. (It's fun to see who else is going!!)
The September 26 Vegan Drinks benefits Vegan Outreach, "a nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing the suffering of farmed animals by promoting informed, ethical eating. This is done through the widespread distribution of illustrated leaflets mainly to college students that show what animals endure in factory farms and slaughterhouses".
We'll have food from Killer Vegan!
Raffle prizes include:
- "Vegan for Life" book
- a Christie Robinson "vegan" necklace
- a gift package of Shaia's hot sauce
- a subscription to Laika
- a Vaute Couture shirt
- cookies from Vegan O'Brien
- a gift certificate from Chickpea & Olive
- a gift certificate from Beyond Sushi
We have information about Vegan Drinks in other cities and some tips on how to organize your own Vegan Drinks. And for people who like such things as casino playing here is our other website www.playtechcasinos.info.
Vegan Drinks is a monthly social networking* event for people interested in promoting veganism and advocating for animal rights. Vegan Drinks’ mission is to bring together a diverse group of people—from cupcake aficionados to animal lawyers to veg*ns of all stripes in between—to build new coalitions and promote the sharing of resources. Vegan Drinks is for newbies and oldies. All we expect is an interest in animal rights, veganism and the pursuit of after-work fun. Show up and introduce yourself, pass around business cards (if you've got ‘em) and embarrass yourself at least once an hour.
*Although we think love is grand, Vegan Drinks is not a singles’ event. But, if you happen to meet the love of your life at Vegan Drinks, don't forget to invite us to the wedding!
What to do?
- Be friendly! We'll be passing out nametags, so you can march right up to someone and greet them by name.
- Promote! If you're representing an organization (either as an employee or volunteer or general supporter), talk up the organization and the work you've been involved in. If you're representing you, talk up your vegan and AR interests, your favorite restaurant, your dream job for animals, your blog, etc., etc.
- Make a shout out! Starting around 8pm, we'll turn down the music and encourage people to promote themselves, their groups and/or causes for 30 seconds. If you represent a veg*n or animal rights group, come prepared with your spiel and literature!
- Sip a drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic, we don't care!) and relax with like-minded folks for a couple of hours.
What to bring?
- Business cards
- Pamphlets promoting your organization
- Tip money for the cute bartenders
- Your A-game
Vegan Drinks takes place the last Thursday of the month (usually; check the date to be sure!) from 7pm to 10pm. It's an alcohol-based event and it's at a bar, so you have to be at least 21 years old.
If you have questions or comments, contact us at email@example.com.
There is no dress code. If you come straight from work in a suit, we promise not to make fun of you. Entrance is free, but the booze is not. Remember to tip your friendly bartender!